Best Strawberry Dessert Recipe Ever
This is the absolute best strawberry dessert recipe ever. I have made it for almost every family dinner. Kids and adults love it! My Mom gave me the recipe years ago and it is one of my favorite desserts to make. The best part of it is that there is no cooking and no baking required! This strawberry trifle is perfect for a spring, summer or Easter dinner.
- 1 Loaf Pound Cake, thawed and cut into 1″ squares
- 1½ Cups Sugar (divided)
- 2 Packages Cream Cheese (8 oz.)
- 3 Tbls Orange Juice
- 2 or 3 Pints Fresh Strawberries, sliced
- 4 Cups Whipped Cream
- 2 Squares Semi-Sweet Chocolate, curls for garnish (optional)
- In a bowl, toss strawberries with ½ Cup of Sugar. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, orange juice, and remaining sugar until smooth. Add 3 Cups Whipped Cream. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, add 1 Cup of the strawberries you tossed with sugar. I like to smash these to drizzle over the pound cake. Set these aside for now.
- In a trifle dish, place half of the Pound Cake in the bottom.
- Drizzle half of the smashed strawberries over the pound cake.
- Cover with half of the Cream Cheese mixture and half of the strawberries.
- Repeat layers.
I usually try to end my layers with strawberries. I often buy extra strawberries to add to the top so it looks pretty. I’ll also end with a dollap of whipped cream on the top. You can also garnish the top with chocolate curls. You can add more or less sugar if you think it needs it. I never really measure it and just taste as I go.
Do you have a favorite spring or summer dessert?