Looking for a unique Easter treat for your kids to enjoy? Try these egg salad crescent rolls that turn out looking like carrots! They are super cute and a great idea for any Easter dinner for the kids! Be sure to check out our super cute Easter bunny carrot cake bites too!
Egg Salad Crescent Roll Carrots
Yields: 6 Egg Salad Crescent Carrots
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon prepared yellow mustard
- ¼ cup green onion, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 can crescent rolls (original or seamless dough sheet)
- Dill or parsley for garnish
- Optional: yellow and red food coloring
- Aluminum foil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place eggs in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Place the chopped eggs in a bowl, and stir in the mayonnaise, mustard and green onion. Season with salt, pepper and paprika. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Unroll sheet of crescent rolls. Use your fingers to press seams together or simply roll out flat if using crescent seamless dough sheet. Using a pizza cutter, cut 6 equal strips horizontally. Roll the strips into a 16”-18” log and pinch the seam shut.
- Create 6 cone shapes from aluminum foil, or wrap a sugar cone with foil and use that as to wrap the crescents. You may also use 6 cream horn molds instead if available.
- If using food coloring, squeeze 30 drops of yellow food coloring into a small bowl. Add one to two drops of red food coloring. Stir to create orange color, and brush onto each carrot. If you do not want to use food coloring, you can simply brush each carrot with egg wash and they will bake up golden brown.
- Set the carrots on a foil lined baking sheet, and bake for 6-8 minutes. Remove and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, remove the molds from the crescent carrots, and fill with egg salad. Add a few stems of fresh dill or parsley to complete the carrot. These are best enjoyed the same day; however, they stay fresh in the fridge for up to two days.